Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Way of the Samuri

While looking into stories of the Samurai I found the story of
The ultimate samurai warrior Miyamoto Musashi who started the two sword method and developed the deep psychological insight to defeat his opponent, what we term as, "psyching out"



The interesting thing is that :
Miyamoto Musashi was an artist

During his lifetime Musashi was as famous for his artwork as for his fighting skill. He created remarkable paintings, as well as work in clay, wood and metal, calligraphy, poems and songs. Some of his works have been declared National Treasures.
(http://www.kampaibudokai.org/MusashiArt.htm)








http://youtu.be/1NT1tPpkVMM

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME resource about Miyamoto Musashi! About 5 years ago, I participated in KU's East Asian Intitute for Teachers and became very interested in samurai; the interesting juxtaposition of fierce warrior/creative artist & poet. I don't recall learning about Miyamoto Musashi, however, and am so glad you suggested him! He fits so perfectly into what we are doing with the boys! I"ll definitely research him further! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete